Why You Shouldn’t Eat Dairy

why you shouldn't eat dairyYou might be a lover of milk, cheese, yogurt, butter and ice cream but that might change when you learn a few facts about the dairy you love so much.  These are the reasons why you shouldn’t eat dairy.

Cancer:  We’re all scared of the “C” word… I don’t want to even mention it but I have to… cancer. It’s the disease that people fear the most and did you know that breast, ovarian and prostate cancer have been linked to the consumption of dairy. Shocked!? I was too when I found out this info, but if you want to read more get your hands on the book “The China Study” by Dr. T. Colin Campbell.

Heart Disease:  Dairy tastes yummy because it contains loads of bad cholesterol and saturated fat, which is horrible for the body and can lead to heart disease. I remember when I was a teen I used to eat loads of cheese and the doctor told me I had high cholesterol, I cut back on it super quick. Do you want the walls of your arteries clogged up? I don’t think so!

Antibiotics: When cows have to produce milk day in and day out they become very stressed out, who wouldn’t? This causes the cows to get mastitis which is an infection in the tissue of the mammary glands inside the utter. As a result the dairy industry gives them antibiotics, which we consume when we eat dairy.

Hormones:  The dairy industry wants to pump out as much milk as they can to make tons of money so they increase cow’s production of milk with hormones. These types of hormones are bad for us because they make us fat, they mess with the natural hormone balance in the body and they cause children to develop early.

Acne:  Have you ever noticed that when you eat that creamy pasta or large cheese nachos you tend to break out a few days after or even the next day? Well, you’re not crazy. Dairy causes a buildup of mucous in the body which is one of the leading causes of acne. Want clear skin? You need to cut out the dairy now! Try to enjoy eating that Chicken Alfredo now.

Lactose Intolerance:  Do you realize that 75% of the world’s population is lactose intolerant. Yes, that is the reason why your stomach or head hurts after you consume dairy products. Hello, milk is for baby cows, not for humans… so stop drinking it. The other 25% that can tolerate dairy are just weird…no really they’ve inherited a genetic mutation that allows them to consume dairy with no issue.

Osteoporosis:  We are supposed to drink milk in order to prevent osteoporosis but drinking milk actually does the opposite. Drinking a lot of milk causes our bodies to become acidic. To combat this acidity our bodies pull calcium from our bones to neutralize the calcium we’ve consumed and this causes are bones to become weaker as we get older. Milk being good for your bones is a lie!

I think all these reasons should be enough to get any sane person off dairy for life, but if that wasn’t enough at least think of the animals that suffer every day to produce milk for us humans.

Would you want to have milk sucked out of you day in and day out? I don’t think so! Cut out dairy today…don’t worry, there are lots of alternatives to dairy out there click here to read about them.

Explore More

No Comments

Join The Conversation