Coconut oil is one of the most popular oils in the world and has a multitude of health and beauty benefits. Coconut oil contains fatty acids with powerful medicinal properties that are beneficial for the human body. It is really easy to find, you can buy it for a relatively low price at stores like Fairway Market, Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, The Vitamin Shoppe, and online. Below are 5 Uses For Coconut Oil:
5 Beauty Uses For Coconut Oil
- Skin Moisturizer: Coconut oil is a great facial cleanser, moisturizer and sun screen, and can treat many skin disorders. The fatty acids caprylic and lauric in coconut oil reduce inflammation inside and outside the body. It protects the skin and contains many antioxidants that can heal the skin over time. I use it every day on my skin and it absorbs quickly and leaves my skin glowing. If you do have dry skin like I do you might need to apply more oil throughout the day to keep peeling skin at bay.
- Hair Moisturizer: Coconut oil is a wonderful hair moisturizer because it absorbs into the hair follicles quickly and adds luster, shine, and and softness. When applied on wet hair it locks the moisture inside so it can stay moisturized all day and also leaves your hair smelling great. It also stimulates hair growth when it reaches deep in the hair follicles and fights against insect bites, lice, and dandruff.
- Makeup Remover: Instead of buying makeup remover wipes from your local drug store to take off your makeup at the end of the day you can just use coconut oil. If you put a generous amount of the oil on your face, leave it for a minute, and then use a wet cotton pad to wipe your face the makeup will come right off. Just make sure that you don’t get any in your eyes because your sight will become a bit blurry for awhile.
- Weight Loss: Instead of cooking your food with canola oil or extra virgin olive oil cook with coconut oil. It is better for you because your body metabolizes it in a different way than other oils. It is used as energy right away rather than gets stored as fat in the body. If you consume more of it in your diet it will boost your metabolism so you will gain less weight than if you consumed other oils. Your waist and thighs will thank you for the change!
- Acne Fighter: Every girl hates facial and body acne and would do almost anything to make it go away. You don’t have to do too much than use your acne treatments like proactive and coconut oil! It is a natural acne bacteria killer and it really does work. There have been times when I have had a few breakouts and I put coconut oil on my face overnight and over night the acne had diminished dramatically.
So what are you waiting for!? I hope you’re searching the internet or running out to buy yourself a jar of coconut oil. I know I can’t live without it because of its amazing benefits for health and beauty. It is the only item I will use on my skin, hair, and nails. Do you like coconut oil? What other oils do you like to use?